Park is excited to announce the 2nd Annual Kick-Off Event. Last year's event
was such a tremendous success for the club it was a no brainer to add it to
our annual list of events. For those of you who missed the event or are new
to the club; the Kick-off Event is the Official Opening Day event for Soccer
in Land Park. Kick-Off takes place on the Sunday following the first game,
also known as picture day. All teams will take pictures at Cal Middle school
on the 11th of September with the Kick-off immediately
Carnival Games, Jump House, Obstacle Course, Call your Shot and Food Concessions will be available between 11:00 am and 5:00pm. Costs are between $1 and $5.
- The Deal of the Day is the $5 wrist band that allows the kids all day access to the jump
houses, obstacle course and the Call Your Shot game.
- Carnival Games and Dunk Tank are all $1.00 each
- Mascot Contest — New to Land Park Soccer this year. A tradition in the making. No real rules other than it cannot be alive and you must be able to drop it off after your Pictures and pick up at 5pm. Judges will determine winners in the following categories: Most Humorous, Most Original, Best Soccer Themed and Best Overall. All winners will have team photos with their Mascots mentioned on the Website and in the Yearbook. The Best Mascot Overall team winner will receive a Gift Certificate to go towards their End of Year Trophies.
- Yearbook Shout Outs available this year—Cost $10.00—Picture of your player(s) or Player and Friends with a special note from you. Pictures can be taken at the Kick-Off Event between 8am and 1pm. Or, you can pay for your shout-out and choose to email a picture of your choosing from the season to the Yearbook Coordinator @ LandParkYearbook@gmail.com before October 22, 2011.
- Dunk Tank - Board members and Coaches
volunteer to sit in the "Hot" Seat while players and parents take a
shot at knocking them into the ice cold waters of the dunk tank.
This was a crowd favorite last year.
- 2:00pm Coach / Board Soccer Game—It’s a great opportunity for players and their families to come out and cheer on their Coach. These Coaches devote a lot of time training and cheering on their players; players have a blast watching their Coaches play the game they talk so much about.
Parents: Be sure to mark your calendars for this event. It's fun for
the whole family. Looking for Volunteer Opportunities?? Emails to come
Coaches: This is also a wonderful team building
opportunity. Look for emails regarding joining the Board/Coach game and